Monday, March 23, 2015

Eula May and the Easter Kandy Killer

Some readers are curious about how writers write.  Here is how/why I wrote my most recent story.

On March 1 (2015), I set myself a challenge of writing a short (20,000 word) Easter mystery in less than a month so it could be published before Good Friday.  I met my challenge (doing nothing else except writing!) and the book, after final editing, will be available on amazon.com soon--I'm hoping Friday, March 27.
       "Eula May and the Easter Kandy Killer" takes place during Eula May's Hollywood days before she returns home to Karnak, KY, having failed to become a successful dancing star.  (This is the same Eula May who recently starred in my first novel, "Eula May and the Flim Flam Nun.")
       The dancer's low bank account forces her to take a go-fer job working for Sal Minitini, a TV producer.  Her first assignment is help Sal and his writing team over Easter holiday weekend at the Retro Motel in Palm Springs, CA.  Sal thinks the relaxing spot will up his writers' creativity turning his new TV series, "Gals and Guns," into a big success.  
      Unfortunately, before the script is finished Eula May finds Sal's dead body.  To save herself, she needs to discover how and why he died.  And, if he was murdered, 'who done it'.  Of course, there's a handsome homicide detective who both helps and hinders her, and gets her heart beating in more ways than one.
      Warning.  After reading this book, you may find yourself looking differently at Chocolate Easter bunnies.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment