Friday, May 23, 2014

Playing Ping Pong with a Book

What's a Blurb?

I thought a few people might like to know the steps a book goes through before it is offered to the public. That story, Playing Ping Pong with a Book, is at the end of this post.  

Most viewers probably prefer to read a blurb for the book.  A blurb is sort of a tease to make you want to read more about the story.  So until the actual book is ready, here's a taste of it.


Eula May and the Flim Flam Nun is a mystery laced with humor instead of arsenic and riddled with romance rather than bullets.

Eula May chokes back a shriek as she stumbles over the blackmailing nun's murdered body. Will this affect her wedding plans? Lance--rich, handsome, candidate for mayor—will dump a fiancee` involved with the police. And he's her last ticket to happy heaven.

After torching the chef's toupee on a Hollywood cooking show, she dragged her tutu home to Kentucky, doomed to teach dance. Lance's proposal opens doors she feared were glued shut. Would the nun's death slam them back on her fingers?

The rest of the blurb can be found on my other blog, www.amy-sotlittletime.blogspot.com in post 57. about the ABNA.

Playing Ping Pong with a Book

Getting a book from the computer to your hands.

Last week I finished writing and editing my funny and romantic mystery novel, "Eula May and the Flim Flam Nun".  Then I formatted this text to meet publication standards, and finally created a cover.  I sent my formatted cover (thanks to Sandra and Tom Fremgen for all their work) and the formatted interior to CreateSpace, my 'publisher.'

I sent version one Monday morning and got a message that night saying it had been accepted.  But I found a typo on the back cover, so corrected it, and on Tuesday morning sent back a revised copy, version two.  That night I again got a message saying it was accepted but I didn't like the way the yellow of the cover dripped over onto the spine of the book, so I corrected it, and on Wednesday morning sent back a revised copy, version three.  Surprise, surprise that night I got another message saying it was accepted but that since the graphics weren't a dpi (whatever that is) of more than 200 the images might be blurry.  Sandra fixed that problem and on Thursday morning I sent off, version four.   Last night (Thursday) again it was accepted, and this time it looked perfect to be so I ordered a physical book for proofing.

The book should arrive by June 3, and if all goes well and I approve this copy, amazon.com should have copies available before the end of June.

1 comment: